Rewiring

Ask a question...get an answer (or two).
GABristol29
Bottom Sanding Grunt
Boat Name: s/v Kate
Boat Type: Bristol 29

Rewiring

Post by GABristol29 »

Good morning. I have a Bristol 29 that I am going to rewire, all previous wire is gone. Looking for good book(s) to help me proceed into and through this project. Thanks, Matt s/v Kate
markwesti
Almost a Finish Carpenter
Boat Name: Patricia A
Boat Type: Westsail 28

Re: Rewiring

Post by markwesti »

Hi Matt , I'm probably not the best guy to talk to about AC DC as I have a very limited knowledge . However you can't go wrong with Don Casey and Nigel Calder . Here are some good books . Good luck and keep us posted . I should buy a few of these myself , haha .
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C2CA ... 5JNG8X7slg

https://marinehowto.com/
atomvoyager
Moderator | Revitalizer of Classics
Boat Name: Atom
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by atomvoyager »

I have Calder's Mechanical and Electrical Manual and Casey's Sailboat Maintenance Manual which is a bit easier to follow and has 160 pages on electrics. Casey's Sailboat Electrics Simplified might be a good stand alone book if you don't want all the other maintenance areas covered. There are some youtube electrics videos that might help you visualize the installation of new electrics but I didn't see any on a quick search that are exactly what you need. In my Triton Osprey refit video series I plan to do one on the new electrics in a couple months so you can check back for that.
GABristol29
Bottom Sanding Grunt
Boat Name: s/v Kate
Boat Type: Bristol 29

Post by GABristol29 »

Thank you both. I will check out the books suggested and James, I will look forward to the videos. Matt
rescuesailor02
Deck Grunge Scrubber
Boat Name: Christina Louise
Boat Type: Truenorth 34

Post by rescuesailor02 »

While the books mentioned above are some of the best I would also include :

"The 12 Volt Doctor's Practical Handbook for the Boat's Electrical System" by Edgar J, Beyn

It has good easy to read directions on building, testing, and trouble shooting circuits.