Deck hardware and interior liner Alberg 30

Ask a question...get an answer (or two).
illinois
Bottom Sanding Grunt
Boat Name: Tess
Boat Type: Alberg 30

Deck hardware and interior liner Alberg 30

Post by illinois »

I have seen various posts about deck hardware and liners, but have another question I didn't see answered. What if there is deck hardware that you can't access the nut because of the interior liner? When you go to do work on the dead lights, what happens with the liner? Is the liner pinched to the fiberglass exterior at the factory when installed? Will the two layers separate. When the frames are unbolted?
CapnK
Site Admin

Re: Deck hardware and interior liner Alberg 30

Post by CapnK »

If I had a nut behind the liner, I would cut an access hole in the liner to be able to get to it - for whenever, even if not needed right then. ounce of prevention.. :)

On the Pearson Ariel, and I think perhaps the A-30 is the same way, the aluminum port frame clamps the liner against the doghouse. The liner is not adhered there, it is a simple mechanical connection.
The frame structure, if you cut a piece out of it and looked at it end-on, is shaped like an H, and the glass sits between one pair of the 'arms', and the hull/liner inside the other. See the drawing I made to show this probably better than I can say it. :)
Attachments
frame.jpg
frame.jpg (7.26 KiB) Viewed 1354 times
Kurt and Barque, the CrewDog.
Sundance, '71 A-30, #429
Katie Marie, Ariel #422
Melelani, Islander 36 (shoal)

sailFar.net - Small boats, Long distances...