Alberg 30 water tank

Ask a question...get an answer (or two).
Cruiser2B
Topside Painter
Boat Name: Salacia
Boat Type: Alberg 30

Alberg 30 water tank

Post by Cruiser2B »

I am about to redo my v-berth area with new paint and varnish, gonna freshen everything up....make it more livable for the wife. With that said I am also going to access the water tank to clean it or install a platimo bladder. First off I have no idea how to get the aluminum sheet metal cover out from under the wood work. Is it possible without bending it all to he!!? What are the pro and cons of each of either refurbishing built in tank or adding a bladder? We have had the boat about 9 months and previous owner says he did not have any water in the tank for the last 2 yrs, so i wanna open it up.
thanks for the help.
www.svsalacia.blogspot.com
Preparing to get underway!!
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Re: Alberg 30 water tank

Post by Rachel »

It sounds like you have a second-generation A-30 (a.k.a. a "liner boat"), and I'm not very familiar with quirks of those (I used to own a first-generation A-30). I do know that I have read about people removing the aluminum cover -- which, if I remember correctly may be over an integral fiberglass tank (?). I remember them talking about how the aluminum had oxidized and "rained" somewhat into the tank.

I don't remember the details, unfortunately; but neither do I remember people having to "destroy" the v-berth or the lid to do so.

Maybe someone with a "liner boat" will pipe in.

Rachel
Cruiser2B
Topside Painter
Boat Name: Salacia
Boat Type: Alberg 30

Post by Cruiser2B »

Thank you for the links, i have everything stripped out of the v berth now, I will try to uncover the tank this weekend....I have pics, i will start a thread in the projects section of the forum
www.svsalacia.blogspot.com
Preparing to get underway!!
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

Cruiser2B wrote:...I have pics, i will start a thread in the projects section of the forum
The magic words :) Looking forward to it!