what was that boat?

Ask a question...get an answer (or two).
sscoll
Master Varnisher
Boat Name: Medora Jane
Boat Type: Pearson Triton #532 E.C.

what was that boat?

Post by sscoll »

I didn't want to do this but I've been searching recent postings under various topics and can't seem to come up with the right one to identify a boat recently brought here. Its an Alberg design, or could be. 25' or so. A single forward facing port and fairly large main cabin ports.

Someone of you has just brought one home to restore and Rachel seemed familiar with it. External iron ballast, an interesting rudder.

What is it?

Friday evening I went to the marina in Hudson, Wisconsin and there's one just sitting there on a trailer with the hatch open seemingly abandoned. Maybe not, but I thought "Hey, there's a .............. they were just talking about on the forum".

Now I gotta find out what it is.
Anyone????? Rachel?
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Re: what was that boat?

Post by Rachel »

Hmm, I remember the Southcoast 23, but it didn't have an odd rudder or iron ballast (that was obvious).

Great, now I'm racking my brain too!

Do you remember anything else? In what way was the rudder interesting?
sscoll
Master Varnisher

Post by sscoll »

It'll come back to you when I take a picture and post it next week. Another of the forum members just bought one needing some restoration and you found some pictures and posted them. Perhaps I'm senile, my wife doesn't actually accuse me of being senile but she does tend to raise her voice slightly and punctuate her pronunciation the second time she mentions things I'm not interested in hearing. Once a teacher, always a teacher.

I'll take pictures when I'm back that way. I paced it off at 25' and it looks like a Triton with a single forward window. More later.

Steve
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

A member just bought a Whitby Continental/Folkboat and I posted some additional photos of it. It has (or rather, some of them had) external ballast and a transom-hung rudder, but no forward single port. Could that be it though? It looks like a cross between a Folkboat and an Alberg 30.

Rachel

sscoll
Master Varnisher

Post by sscoll »

Gads, I don't remember, been out of town all week. I'll be heading past that marina the 11th. and will take a couple of photos to post.

Steve