Cushions?

Ask a question...get an answer (or two).
cdawgs65
Deck Grunge Scrubber
Boat Name: Ring
Boat Type: Pearson Triton 559

Cushions?

Post by cdawgs65 »

What is the going thickness, V-berth, settee any input would be helpful. I have my own ideas, but would like to mix in some other point of views. These cushions are going in a Triton, two kids, two dogs, one wife! thanks in advance
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Re: Cushions?

Post by Tim »

4" minimum for settees and seating areas, and thicker for v-berths. Note that headroom clearance in a Triton v-berth gets pretty tight if you use 6" foam for the cushions like I did, but if you're not too tall you can still sit up straight.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
LazyGuy
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Boat Name: Paper Moon
Boat Type: Luders 33 (Allied Boat Co.)

Post by LazyGuy »

I agree with Tim, 4" minimum for the settee but note that you should also consider raising the height of the table an inch and a half. The Luders, and most of her contemporaries came with 2" cushions. While it doesn't seem like much of a difference, when you sit, there is not as much room for your legs and you need to lift your fork further. (the fork being the lesser of the concerns.)
Cheers

Dennis
Luders 33 "Paper Moon" Hull No 16

Life is too short to own an ugly boat.
barrybrown
Master Varnisher

Post by barrybrown »

Thickness is only one consideration, spend some time thinking about the quality and density of the foam. You may decide on different densities for the settees and the v-berth and a better quality foam may be worth a little extra expense.
Barry