Pearson Name Plate

Ask a question...get an answer (or two).
ensign001
Bottom Paint Application Technician

Pearson Name Plate

Post by ensign001 »

Does anyone know when Pearson began putting the name plates with hull number on the their boats? I have an Ensign (Electra Day Sailor) built in 1962 that doesn't have a name plate and there are no signs that it ever did.
Tony
Pearson Ensign, #1 (rev. 1/26/09)
Hirilondë
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Hirilondë
Boat Type: 1967 Pearson Renegade

Post by Hirilondë »

I have a bronze name plate with 51 on it (I have Renegade 51). My boat was built in 67. It is located on the forward end of cockpit, just below the bridge deck.
Dave Finnegan
builder of Spindrift 9N #521 'Wingë'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gresham’s Law of information: Bad information drives out good. No matter how long ago a correction for a particular error may have appeared in print or online, it never seems to catch up with the ever-widening distribution of the error.
Ric in Richmond
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist
Boat Name: Andiamo
Boat Type: Alberg 35

Post by Ric in Richmond »

I've never found anything that looked like a hull number or plate on my 62 Pearson Alberg....and I have looked all over the boat!
Ric Bergstrom

http://andiamoadventures.blogspot.com/

Archived old blog:

http://andiamo35.blogspot.com/

~~~~~([\~~~([\~~([\~~~~~~([\~~([\~~~~~~
~~~~~~([\~~~~~~~([\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ceasar Choppy
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist

Post by Ceasar Choppy »

My 67 Renegade #3 had one too. I seem to recall that the early Tritons had them... most with enamel inlaid in the bronze plates (which the later ones did not have). Perhaps it depended on the model?