hand rails

Ask a question...get an answer (or two).
D. Fox

hand rails

Post by D. Fox »

Tim, do you have the dimensions for the handrails you bought from Hamilton? I need a new pair for my B27 and their price is very good. I'm hoping against hope that I can find some that fit the existing holes, but (having just read about your experience) it seems unlikely. I'm looking for the overall length and distance between holes. Any help is appreciated,

Dan
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

Dan,

According to the catalog, they're 10" on center, and the overall length for a 5-loop is 53"; a 6-loop is 63".

I'll double check some physical measurements next time I'm at the boat (probably Wednesday).

When I could buy new rails for only 30 bucks each, it wasn't worth my time to make my own to fit, though that's certainly an easy enough project if you really want to match your existing holes. I only wish I'd figured out the disparity in measurement earlier, so I didn't have to end up filling the holes after the fact. Live and learn!
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
D. Fox

hand rails

Post by D. Fox »

OK, thanks. I'll be on the boat tomorrow and will measure mine. That price seems like a screaming deal.

Dan