Cleaning Interdeck Non Skid

Ask a question...get an answer (or two).
todd gustafson
Deck Grunge Scrubber
Boat Name: Rosie
Boat Type: Tartan 27

Cleaning Interdeck Non Skid

Post by todd gustafson »

From reading the threads it looks like we will be putting on Interdeck for the non-skid and was wondering how the deck holds it color?......We are leaning towards the lighter colors.... we are not sure about white, gray or a mix......... We often entertain, what should i expect when let's say coffee or red wine is spilled, will it stain? Normally we would throw a bucket of water and wash it down till we got to port after a few hours for a final clean..... Perhaps a better question is..... Will you more likely re-coat due to normal ware or stains?

Thanks
Todd
Hirilondë
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Hirilondë
Boat Type: 1967 Pearson Renegade

Re: Cleaning Interdeck Non Skid

Post by Hirilondë »

Difficulty cleaning is probably the biggest negative about Interdeck. I haven't had any issue with staining, it is just difficult to clean. I try not to use harsh cleansers, but have found that abrasive bleach products work best. I try to limit my use of these in the water. I have had no issue with it holding color over 4 years.
Dave Finnegan
builder of Spindrift 9N #521 'Wingë'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gresham’s Law of information: Bad information drives out good. No matter how long ago a correction for a particular error may have appeared in print or online, it never seems to catch up with the ever-widening distribution of the error.
todd gustafson
Deck Grunge Scrubber
Boat Name: Rosie
Boat Type: Tartan 27

Re: Cleaning Interdeck Non Skid

Post by todd gustafson »

Most of our cleaning is done with eco-friendly cleaners when on the water, when on the hard we use power wash.
todd