(Not-so-classic per se) Watkins 25 reconditioning :)

Post photos and descriptions of your ongoing projects here. No project is too big or too small.
CapnK
Site Admin

(Not-so-classic per se) Watkins 25 reconditioning :)

Post by CapnK »

A short thread of some work I've been doing the past couple weeks getting a Watkins 25 back up to snuff after some years of being neglected. Her owner had to leave her at the marina and she had a rough time of it, especially in the last storm when another boat, a 38'er, drug onto her and they banged against each other for several hours until I could get them sorted out and swinging away from instead of into each other.

Originally she was to be re-rigged with new uppers and a new furler after a collision with an uncharted ICW marker in the dark. That project was put on hold for nearly two years while the owner dealt with some health issues. Back on track now, deck cleaned, acid washed, and bleached back to white, teak being refinished, the engine is getting fixed up from having a reluctance towards starting, I'm removing and reinstalling the smashed up pulpit and anchor platform, installing a serious inverter and new electric windlass, and then we'll pull her for some new bottom paint, a hull polish, and a restepping of the mast with new wire, Alado brand furler, LED lights, and VHF antenna.

I've got a slew of pictures I'll post up over the next few days.
Kurt and Barque, the CrewDog.
Sundance, '71 A-30, #429
Katie Marie, Ariel #422
Melelani, Islander 36 (shoal)

sailFar.net - Small boats, Long distances...