Finally moving forward

Post photos and descriptions of your ongoing projects here. No project is too big or too small.
galleywench
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Name: TBD
Boat Type: Rhodes 19

Finally moving forward

Post by galleywench »

I just finished my first of many layups on my Alberg 35 deck recore project. A bunch of small areas on the cabintop that I needed to be done and are serving as my test/training area. Everything went better than expected and I did not end up glued to the side of the boat. If interested writeup is at www.alberg35.com. I'll find out how it really went tomorrow, but I am pretty excited to be finally making headway instead of ripping stuff apart. I am taking next week off work to focus entirely on the recore. I hope to get as far along as possible.
1963 Rhodes 19 #731
http://www.fernhollow.net
bigd14
Boat Type: Ericson 27

Re: Finally moving forward

Post by bigd14 »

Read through your blog. Great job! Looks like things are progressing well. Seeing you at this point reminds me of how much I have learned from restoring my own boat and I almost feel obligated to do another one sometime so that all the acumulated knowledge won't go to waste.

Keep it up!

Doug
Doug
1972 Ericson 27
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

I have just been reading through it as well. I like your approach: Nice and tidy and planning ahead; yet getting things done too. Excellent!

Rachel
galleywench
Boat Name: TBD
Boat Type: Rhodes 19

Post by galleywench »

Thanks for the kind words. I checked in on the boat before heading out to work this morning and all the layups appear to be in good shape with no voids. Laying down a piece of plastic then taking a big bag of sand and plunking it down, making sure to cover up the entire layup (ensuring reasonably even pressure) worked like a dream. Each layup has no protruding edges and is as smooth as can be.
1963 Rhodes 19 #731
http://www.fernhollow.net