Gangbusters!

Post photos and descriptions of your ongoing projects here. No project is too big or too small.
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Gangbusters!

Post by Figment »

Hey Tim!

Tonight it dawned on me that, for some unfathomable reason, I hadn't read any Daysailor logs in a few weeks. Nice progress!

I'm particularly impressed that you seem to be magically balancing the grungy nittygritty work with the sexy cool stuff. Bilge paint and breasthook, beam varnish and foam/glass berth supports.... Great stuff, all!

I got a quizzical look from Julia when I laughed out loud at your little Herreshoff Tradition / Pearson Tradition quip. I started to explain, but....
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

Figment wrote:Tonight it dawned on me that, for some unfathomable reason, I hadn't read any Daysailor logs in a few weeks...
Maybe that's because I had such a pathetic lack of any progress for all those weeks in April and May!

It's been great fun being back at work on the boat. With a clear goal in mind (that is: the boat will be decked before I leave for a long Glissando cruise later in July), I'm making good progress, even with only a couple days a week to dedicate fully to the project.

Stay tuned, all. Work continues.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
Mark W

Why (2)

Post by Mark W »

Or maybe its because you have other irons in the fire these days ....

did you share publically here, why the change from marine surveyor to marine artisan for hire ? Or is that a decision the you and Heidi wanted to keep to yoursleves ? There is certainly no better testimony to your devotion or attention to detail than oyur beloved Glissando of course.

Looks like a nice job on the paintjob by the way, I assume your customer is pleased
Tim

Post by Tim »

Actually, I'm just adding irons to the fire, not replacing any. I'm still a surveyor, and it's still my main business. But I just don't see myself doing it for the rest of my life.

Boatwork/boatbuilding/projects are what I like best, and I would love it if it became self-supporting (and more). The Daysailor is a big part of this, and my ultimate completion and sale of this boat will help make my ultimate direction more clear, I hope. And if some other work comes my way in the meantime, so much the better. One thing at a time, though.
bcooke
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Jenny
Boat Type: 1966 Pearson Triton

Post by bcooke »

Don't forget web design, snow plowing and probably some others no one knows about. That T. Lackey signature is turning up everywhere on my web searches these days. Sounds to me like someone is trying to take over the world.

-Britton
Tim

Post by Tim »

Yup, that's me: I'm really just a megalomaniac! Power and omnipotence is all I have ever sought...someday, all will be mine. Bwah..ha...ha...

;<)