triton- the daysailor?

Post photos and descriptions of your ongoing projects here. No project is too big or too small.
Geoff Adams Sr.

triton- the daysailor?

Post by Geoff Adams Sr. »

Hello Tim, when I first saw your site regaurding the daysailor concept, I was agast! How could you take a perfectly good Triton and "hack" it up like that? Then I read through your concepts and decided that "Hey, this might turn out OK after all". I have always liked the "old style" boats, Herreshoff,Alden,Alberg, you know what I mean. I was really impressed by your attention to detail and thought process. I really like the daysailor and hope to see it when it's finished.
Good luck.
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

Well, if actually was a "perfectly good Triton", then I would certainly agree with you! I'm not into destruction for the sake of destruction.

However, #100 is so nasty and beat that I don't feel like I'm committing sacrilege at all! In fact, just the opposite--I feel I am making something good out of an old hull that otherwise would probably never have sailed again. I wouldn't have considered such a drastic project otherwise.

It sounds like I won you over to my way of thinking anyway, but rest assured that I don't intend to ever butcher good boats! My goal is only to create nice things from (well) crap. I am really looking forward to getting to work on the boat, and I only hope I can produce something that does my concept justice.

Thanks for visiting the site! Look forward to seeing (figuratively) you around. Soon enough, you'll surpass your "Bottom Sanding Grunt" status!

Tim