Morgan 45 AMAZING project

Post photos and descriptions of your ongoing projects here. No project is too big or too small.
Richincident
Master Varnisher

Morgan 45 AMAZING project

Post by Richincident »

This is NOT my project, but these guys Mike and Brett out in San Diego are both very funny AND very good at boat restoration...as you will see if you visit this url:

http://www.praxisuniversal.com/grace.html

Be prepared! GRACE is an amazingly beautiful boat!
Last edited by Richincident on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard McManus

1967 Soverel 28 #82
THE INCIDENT
Triton 185
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Type: O'day Mariner, Pearson Triton

Post by Triton 185 »

Hi Richard,

Boy did I just take a double take. I was curious about the Morgan 54 because I purchased a Morgan 45 last year. After admiring the first picture, I realized this boat is identical to mine. In fact, it is a Morgan 45. You can see some pics on this forum of the same design http://plasticclassicforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3232

Amazing how choices in paint, trim, and other finishes can give a vessel such a distinct appearance.

Thanks for the link!
"The more you know, the less you need."
Yvon Chouinard
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

I thought that looked a bit like your boat. Neat-o.

I like what he did with the chainplates (for cruising). Funny the link to the riggers takes you to a pond yacht page - they must do big boats too.

Didn't the pages make it look like they just sailed through the restoration? I mean, you can see they toiled, but the page was just so breezy and fun.

Rachel
Richincident
Master Varnisher

Morgan 54 AMAZING project

Post by Richincident »

WOW! Yvon you have a totally beautiful boat! I have always thought that Morgans were sort of 'utile' but since I first saw those pictures of Grace I have been really impressed. I must have been dyslexic typing, because I was unsure of whether Grace was 54 or 45. Sorry I mistyped!

How is the work on YOUR boat going? Also glad you like our awesome cockpit on the Soverel 28. You might change your tune if you saw the very small amount of space down below!

Triton 185 wrote:Hi Richard,

Boy did I just take a double take. I was curious about the Morgan 54 because I purchased a Morgan 45 last year. After admiring the first picture, I realized this boat is identical to mine. In fact, it is a Morgan 45. You can see some pics on this forum of the same design http://plasticclassicforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3232

Amazing how choices in paint, trim, and other finishes can give a vessel such a distinct appearance.

Thanks for the link!
Richard McManus

1967 Soverel 28 #82
THE INCIDENT
jlroberts280
Deck Grunge Scrubber

Post by jlroberts280 »

Great site. Cool boat. Has anyone else painted the deck of their boat without taking off the deck hardware? I would think it would be a good time to check for leaks or water damaged core and then rebed the hardware after paint.
Jon Roberts
Spirit '83 Ericson 35-III
Former owner of VSOP '69 Pearson Coaster #115
South Portland, ME
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Post by Figment »

jlroberts280 wrote: I would think it would be a good time to check for leaks or water damaged core and then rebed the hardware after paint.
Without question.