Upgrading Ronin

Post photos and descriptions of your ongoing projects here. No project is too big or too small.
Ronin120
Rough Carpentry Apprentice

Upgrading Ronin

Post by Ronin120 »

I've been getting a good deal of helpful information from the members and the owner of this forum. And as part of that I enjoy looking at other folk's work and experiences.

I have a not-quite-classic C&C 37 that when purchased was pretty much abandoned. Dead rigging, dead engine and no P.O. maintenance to speak of. Tired.

We bought it and got it into reasonable shape to sail locally and I have continually made upgrades along the way. Over the years she's had the engine rebuilt and converted to F/W cooling, added roller-furling and new sails, new deck hardware, new running rigging, upgraded the standing rigging and replaced the boom with a custom design. I replaced the worn and rotten cabin sole and we had all new cushions made. New fixed ports, new opening ports and the hatches were rebuilt by the manufacturer. A dodger. Replaced the alcohol stove with a new Broadwater 4-burner propane stove which, if we ever sell the boat, will not convey; my wife loves it...

But recently we've been occupied by other things in our life and "Ronin" has languished pretty much unused for the past 4 years. And letting a boat just sit is not a good thing as I'm sure all of you are aware.

As part of a plan to use "Ronin" for more long-term and long-distance sailing and in an effort to get her back in shape we've decided to invest time (mine) and money (ours...) into her.

Because friends and family are always asking about what I'm doing with her I recently decided to put together a simple blog and a photo site and thought that others might be interested in viewing it.

Here's the link. Enjoy!
=http://web.mac.com/ronin37/iWeb/%20Wav ... ]Wave Man
Dave
1982 C&C 37 - under reconstruction
1988 Mako 26 CC - don't laugh, it needs work too.
1970's vintage Snipe
1970 Islander 37 - sold
1968 Cal 25 - sold but still racing...

Wave Man
Ronin120
Rough Carpentry Apprentice

Post by Ronin120 »

Okay, I got the BBCode issue figured out for the incorrect link listed above...

Wave Man

Best.
Dave
1982 C&C 37 - under reconstruction
1988 Mako 26 CC - don't laugh, it needs work too.
1970's vintage Snipe
1970 Islander 37 - sold
1968 Cal 25 - sold but still racing...

Wave Man