Rudder Post Base

Post photos and descriptions of your ongoing projects here. No project is too big or too small.
Case
Skilled Systems Installer

Rudder Post Base

Post by Case »

Tim, I looked carefully at the pictures of the Triton Daysailer and I love it very much. It's very beautiful. However I think there is one thing that may give it a slightly better finished look if you add some kind of wood thingy around the very bottom of the rudder post in the cockpit. A nice varnished wood set around it to accent it and hide the joint of the rudder post and the cockpit floor. That or some kind of bronze covering or something else. I am trying to think what the thingy is called... I think I came across the name for it but simply cannot think what the name is. The same thing might apply to the stainless steel chainplate but not as much as the rudderpost. Its entirely up to you, of course. Just a suggestion. Feel absolutely free to ignore my suggestion, you are the one who hopefully sells the Triton Daysailer. By the way I hope that you immensely enjoyed your cruise in GLISSANDO. Best Regards, Case.
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

Hi Case,

I completely agree, and without a doubt there are, as of this writing, several areas on the boat that remain somewhat unfinished. In the next week and a half before launching (mostly next week, as technically I'm still on vacation now even though I'm home from cruising), I expect to address most of these areas. If not before launch, then certainly in the near future, anyway.

Thanks for your interest! The cruise was excellent, by the way--extremely relaxing (just what the Dr. ordered), low-key, fun, and with good weather.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating