Rigging and deck hardware layout

Post photos and descriptions of your ongoing projects here. No project is too big or too small.
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Rigging and deck hardware layout

Post by Figment »

So Tim, give us some hints on what's to come in the weeks ahead. I assume that much of the visible progress will be things like winch installations and other running rigging details.

A pair of selftailers for the foresail.... on bronze coaming brackets or just some deck pads?

Are you planning a controllable traveler for the main, or just a few fixed blocks and a horse?

Planning on clutches and such for the cabintop lines, or cleats?
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

Final details that you'll see before the launching, which I am scheduling for August 25 or thereabouts (after we return from cruising):

Sheet winches (Lewmar 30 STs on bronze winch pads outboard of the coamings)
Chainplates
Bronze deck hardware (mooring cleats)
Rigging
Traveler/Rigid Boom Vang

Cabin top lines will be limited. Halyards will stay on the mast, and I'm in no rush to add other lines. However, it's likely that certain control lines will end up on the cabintop. Time will tell. All sailing hardware and rigging decisions will refrain until the boat is in the water and rigged up.

Other stuff you should see in the next week, before we leave for cruising next weekend:

Cockpit sole paint
Chainplates
Cabin sole installation
Maybe the beginnings of the settee locker doors (upholstered to match cushions)
Tiller

There is still some small trim needed here and there in the cabin, which has been taken off the "priority" list. I have also removed such items as "install running lights" from my priority list, knowing that these can be done anytime.

Assuming I get some rigging in time (relying on a vendor for that), the boat is, for all intents and purposes, nearly ready to go. After this week, she'll be ready to splash, though not yet 100% complete. I anticipate a full week or so of detail work once she's on the water.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating