Paceship PY26

Post pictures of your boat and sailing adventures here. Posting instructions within.
Squidd
Deck Grunge Scrubber
Boat Name: Lazy Lady
Boat Type: Paceship PY26

Paceship PY26

Post by Squidd »

Found my Lady on E-Bay charity auction... late at night ...I had been drinking...

"They're not gonna give that boat away for $750..." so I bid on her knowing I'd be out bid...Hours turned to minutes to seconds ticking away and my $760 bid held...I won...

Great, now "where is" this boat...? Washington DC....I'm in Wisconsin....What did I get myself into...??

I got some side view specs off sailboatdata.com and built a wood cradle for my flatbed trailer so I could go pick it up...

Ended up not such a bad deal, boat was in the water sailable condition when I got there...

Came from an airforce base, PO was transfered to Germany and had a "distress sale" ....Motor was a little ruff and I did have to transfer to public marina for haulout so a quick 5 mile trip down the Potomic got me my first taste of "sailing" her....

OK, More of a "putting" with a half running motor and broken tiller, but we made it downstream to next Marina...

Got 'er on the trailer and ready to haul home...

Once I got her home I built a "proper" trailer for her so I could do a "Dry Dock" mast up storage at the Marina once I got her refitted...
Here we are stripped down and transfered to new trailer fall of '11

Had quite a bit of work to do to freshen 'er up including bottom blisters, (which I'll document later)...

But end result was worth showing in public...

Had a great summer in Lake Superior/Apostle Island area and look forward to next season's adventures...

Got her home now and plans for this winter are a "resole" in the saloon and some new hardware on the traveler system...
earlylight
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Boat Name: Early Light
Boat Type: 1982 Sabre 34 MK I

Re: Paceship PY26

Post by earlylight »

Squidd,
Looks like you got yourself a great deal. She looks very nice at anchor in your last pic. Enjoy her!
Dick Coerse
Early Light
Sabre 34 MK1
Solomons MD

http://earlylight160.net76.net