New boat

Post pictures of your boat and sailing adventures here. Posting instructions within.
tikvah59
Master Varnisher
Boat Name: Emily Hope
Boat Type: Nimble 30' yawl

New boat

Post by tikvah59 »

After being a Triton owner for the last 12 years, I decided to move up to a newer boat. I am now the owner of a 1987 Nimble 30 yawl, designed by Ted Brewer. If you're in the market for a Triton with extensive renovations please get in touch!

Here's a picture of the Nimble taken on Cape Cod. She doesn't yet have the mizzen stepped. I plan to sail her up to Boston in June.
Nimble 30 in Chappaqoit
Nimble 30 in Chappaqoit
I have a few more pix on my blog for this boat: http://nimble30emilyhope.wordpress.com/
Mark
Emily Hope
Nimble 30' yawl
Skipper599
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Boat Name: "MACUSHLA"
Boat Type: Passage 24-30 Cutter

Re: New boat

Post by Skipper599 »

Congrats on your aquisition. Nice looking vessel Tikvah. Looks to be in very good condition too.
I briefly scanned the photos in the link and was interested in the cockpit size. It looks very narrow in th photo??? Just thinking about dockside visitors, can you sit opposite and not be stepping on the feet of guests??? . . . Otherwise, she looks to be a very compact and seaworthy little boat.
I am: Bob of Wight.

s/v 'Ros Na Cosquin'
a 'Passage - 24'

There are good ships, there are wood ships, and these ships sail the sea

But the best ship, is friendship and may this always be! ... ... ... A prayer from Ireland.
tikvah59
Master Varnisher

Post by tikvah59 »

Thanks Bob. I shopped for boats for a while and every boat I was interested in involved some type of compromise. I elected to go with this one despite the small cockpit, which is common with double-enders. It had everything else I wanted and more including a brand new set of sails. I was in touch with Ted Brewer about this boat and he had one for many years, and wishes he had never sold it! Given the number of great boats he designed that sounded good to me.

Hoping to go down to Falmouth one day this week and start getting her ready.

Mark
Emily Hope
Nimble 30' yawl
SUNBIRD10201
Deck Grunge Scrubber

Post by SUNBIRD10201 »

Were those pictures taken in "Chappaquoit", or at Edwards Boatyard in "Waquoit"? The area looks more like the Childs river than West Falmouth. [no facilities for haulout and storage in Chappaquoit (West Falmouth Harbor).]
The "new" boat looks great, and probably more roomy than a Triton. I still like the Tritons, especially the rare yawls. But a Nimble 20 would be more my desire..... not enough water at my mooring for a Triton (or even an Electra).
Sunbird
1979 O'DAY Day Sailer II
former owner of 1970 CAL 21
tikvah59
Master Varnisher

Post by tikvah59 »

I asked the owner recently about the location of the photos he sent me. While the boat is currently located in the Chappaquoit section of Falmouth, and was moored there for a number of years, most of the pictures he sent me were taken when he bought the boat in Maryland. The pictures of the boat being launched may have been from Fiddler's Cove marina in North Falmouth.

Mark
Emily Hope
Nimble 30' yawl
SUNBIRD10201
Deck Grunge Scrubber

Post by SUNBIRD10201 »

That makes sense! By the way, I just spotted the listing for your boat (from previous owner?) on SailingTexas.com, and she is one NICE boat! A good change from your Triton, the shallow draft will open up new destinations for cruising. Interesting to read about the new mizzen shrouds coming from Cape Cod Shipbuilding, I sail out of Wareham and have always enjoyed watching the new boats sail out from CCSB. A real classic place!
Good luck and have fun!!
Sunbird
1979 O'DAY Day Sailer II
former owner of 1970 CAL 21