First year with the SS30 - photos!

Post pictures of your boat and sailing adventures here. Posting instructions within.
Brodie
Master Varnisher
Boat Name: Starry Night
Boat Type: Sea Sprite 30

First year with the SS30 - photos!

Post by Brodie »

OK Ive been promising to post pictures from this summer as it was my first season with the "new" boat. I was so busy with work and then sailing every minute I wasnt at work that I didnt have time to post any...so here you go:
J-Class Velsheda:
530 AM, from my mooring:
Maltese Falcon:
W76 White Wings:
At the dock, Wickford Harbor:
Mirabella V - largest single masted sailing yacht in the world:
And a self-portrait:
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Re: First year with the SS30 - photos!

Post by Rachel »

Wow, looks like a great summer. Thanks!
Skipper599
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Boat Name: "MACUSHLA"
Boat Type: Passage 24-30 Cutter

Post by Skipper599 »

Hi Brodie,
Thanks for these beautiful pictures of some amazing vessels. Where exactly did you find these exotic boats?
I am: Bob of Wight.

s/v 'Ros Na Cosquin'
a 'Passage - 24'

There are good ships, there are wood ships, and these ships sail the sea

But the best ship, is friendship and may this always be! ... ... ... A prayer from Ireland.
LazyGuy
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Boat Name: Paper Moon
Boat Type: Luders 33 (Allied Boat Co.)

Post by LazyGuy »

Brodie,

Great shots and a beautiful boat. It looks like you had a great summer. Narragansett bay is a great area to sail. American Eagle, the red 12 meter that you took a picture of is another of Bill Luders great works of art.

Also, that little yellow boat across the dock in one of those pictures deserves a spot in the bad boat names thread.
Cheers

Dennis
Luders 33 "Paper Moon" Hull No 16

Life is too short to own an ugly boat.
Brodie
Master Varnisher
Boat Name: Starry Night
Boat Type: Sea Sprite 30

Post by Brodie »

Thanks everyone, it was a great summer -I still have to finish updating my logbook but I sailed 50+ times.

All of these pics were taken in Narragansett Bay. My mooring is in Jamestown on the East Passage side. So there are always lots of cool boats coming in and out of Newport. I cross paths with the Twelves all the time. Seeing both Maltese Falcon and Mirabella V this year was a real treat. Athena was in Newport two years ago, so I've seen all of the "big three" sailing yachts up close. Actually got to kayak right by Maltese Falcon at the dock too - very cool experience!

Yeah that little yellow boat does have a pretty bad name...wished it wasnt there to mess up an otherwise nice pic of Starry Night at the dock. I work in Wickford so I sailed over on one of my days off to visit my coworkers.
John, CD28
Master Varnisher
Boat Name: Tiara
Boat Type: Cape Dory 36

Post by John, CD28 »

Great stuff! Love the SS30! Great pics - thanks for posting!

John
Sailing involves the courage to treasure adventure, and the wisdom to fear danger. Knowing where one ends, and the other begins, makes all the difference.
ILikeRust
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Name: Grizabella
Boat Type: Pearson Wanderer 30

Post by ILikeRust »

Brodie wrote:Yeah that little yellow boat does have a pretty bad name...wished it wasnt there to mess up an otherwise nice pic of Starry Night at the dock.
All you need is a little crop tool action. Here ya go:

Very sweet-looking boat! Wish mine looked so ship-shape.
Bill T.
Richmond, VA

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." - T E Lawrence
Cruiser2B
Topside Painter
Boat Name: Salacia
Boat Type: Alberg 30

Post by Cruiser2B »

That Sea Sprite is a beautiful boat! Seeing your pics brings back memories of home. I am from Fall River and sailed in the taunton river and Mt hope bay on my 19ft sharpie.....Occasionally took my uncles power boat to Newport! I rememer cruising the docks drooling on boats I wish I could some day sail on or afford...especially the old wooden schooners and vintage wooden racing sloops.
www.svsalacia.blogspot.com
Preparing to get underway!!