Could it be????

Post pictures of your boat and sailing adventures here. Posting instructions within.
Sailordave
Deck Grunge Scrubber

Could it be????

Post by Sailordave »

There was THIS hiding amongst all the POS boats...
Couldn't make out the name.
Attachments
DSC_0156a.jpg
DSC_0145a.jpg
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Re: Could it be????

Post by Rachel »

Not sure if you are asking what it is, but: Late 50s/early 60s Seafarer Swiftsure (Rhodes/Jannace). Non-Commodore version, so I would expect it to have been built at G. DeVries Lentsch near Amsterdam. Pretty :)
Sailordave
Deck Grunge Scrubber

Post by Sailordave »

Which is funny b/c I had gone to look at a Swiftsure earlier in the day (see post up in Q/A) and someone commented that it probably was a Commodore version.

I like this boat. Saw the potential in the one I looked at, BUT... I don't have a shop big enough to put it in. Would be a full time job, like what Tim did.
Sailor Simon
Bottom Paint Application Technician
Boat Name: AURORA
Boat Type: Swiftsure 33

Post by Sailor Simon »

I've just bought a Swiftsure33. AURORA is in a thousand pieces and in 4 barns, requiring lots of restoration and repair. Some intervention as well. Same colour as the boat pictured, but with tons of good stuff included. I hope to have restored enough integrity into this boat that I can sail her this coming summer, but it will be a few years 'till she's finished. Sailor Simon
Hirilondë
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Hirilondë
Boat Type: 1967 Pearson Renegade

Post by Hirilondë »

Sailor Simon wrote:........................ but it will be a few years 'till she's finished.

Even if you don't count maintenance, you will find that you will never stop modifying/upgrading/rearranging stuff about your boat. And those of us who do it ourselves have this disease worse than anyone. The first step towards recovery is to admit it. It is also the last step most of us ever take.

so remember - "A boat isn't finished until she sinks"
Dave Finnegan
builder of Spindrift 9N #521 'Wingë'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gresham’s Law of information: Bad information drives out good. No matter how long ago a correction for a particular error may have appeared in print or online, it never seems to catch up with the ever-widening distribution of the error.
One Way David
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Type: Pearson Ensign

Post by One Way David »

Hirilondë wrote:
Sailor Simon wrote:...
so remember - "A boat isn't finished until she sinks"
Not always...

http://www.fisher30.lackeysailing.com/

Dave.
Never finish all your projects or you'll be bored.
margitchris
Rough Carpentry Apprentice
Boat Name: Moonshadow
Boat Type: Seafarer 31 yawl

Post by margitchris »

The same make and model used to be berthed two boats down from mine. It is now covered in vines and snakes up a little creek off the Wakulla River; owner disabled or dead and marina unable or unwilling to seek another option. Another boat worthy of attention, but through ignorance and apathy is left to die a slow death.