P.O.S. Boats

Post pictures of your boat and sailing adventures here. Posting instructions within.
Sailordave
Deck Grunge Scrubber

P.O.S. Boats

Post by Sailordave »

Went looking at a couple of boats today. Found some real POS boats also.

Enjoy. not!
Attachments
I don't even want to know what the story is w/ THIS boat!
I don't even want to know what the story is w/ THIS boat!
Not sure which of these two boats is worse off.
Not sure which of these two boats is worse off.
DSC_0153a.jpg
They obviously had a fire onboard.
They obviously had a fire onboard.
Skipper599
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Boat Name: "MACUSHLA"
Boat Type: Passage 24-30 Cutter

Re: P.O.S. Boats

Post by Skipper599 »

Obviously no 'Pride of Ownership' here and, it would appear sailing is not their passion either ... just a cheaper way to live (survive?). ... "We" of course, do not know the circumstances of these folk or, whether or not they may have fallen prey to the current state of the economy. If that be the case I feel for them but, there's definitely no excuse for filth.
I am: Bob of Wight.

s/v 'Ros Na Cosquin'
a 'Passage - 24'

There are good ships, there are wood ships, and these ships sail the sea

But the best ship, is friendship and may this always be! ... ... ... A prayer from Ireland.
s/v Faith
Rough Carpentry Apprentice
Boat Name: s/v 'Faith'
Boat Type: 1964 Pearson Ariel (#226)

Post by s/v Faith »

Was this one taken in Elizabeth City, NC?

If so, I did a 'look see' for a guy from Louisiana on that boat about 7 years ago.
1964 Pearson Ariel #226
'Faith' (the Triton's little sister)

Referred by;

www.sailfar.net

and

www.pearsonariel.org
Sailordave
Deck Grunge Scrubber

Post by Sailordave »

Nope, GALENA, MD
Quetzalsailor
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Quetzal
Boat Type: LeComte North East 38

Post by Quetzalsailor »

The Galena, MD, that we drive through to Rock Hall is landlocked. Nearest water is the Sassafras at Georgetown, a couple miles north on 213.

This poor sad thing looks like she's made of ferrocement, judging by the lack of detail and the unfair-ness of the shape. Concrete is not really good enough for sidewalks, let alone boats.
Sailordave
Deck Grunge Scrubber

Post by Sailordave »

Quetzalsailor wrote:The Galena, MD, that we drive through to Rock Hall is landlocked. Nearest water is the Sassafras at Georgetown, a couple miles north on 213.

This poor sad thing looks like she's made of ferrocement, judging by the lack of detail and the unfair-ness of the shape. Concrete is not really good enough for sidewalks, let alone boats.

Same one. The marina obviously is not located in the town but a few miles NE. Lots of derelicts.
ILikeRust
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Name: Grizabella
Boat Type: Pearson Wanderer 30

Post by ILikeRust »

Wish I had taken some pics of a couple of the boats in the marina where the seller of my boat had kept here. There was one bleach bottle boat with at least 6 inches of thick, soupy green water in the cockpit and 6 inches of growth on everything, including the docklines.

There's one in my marina that looks like a good wind will knock the cabin off the boat - at least the parts of it that have not been replaced with big hunks of Home Depot-grade sheathing plywood. The rest of it is so massively rotten, you can directly into the cabin - and not through a window. It's probably held together mostly by the termites holding hands.
Bill T.
Richmond, VA

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." - T E Lawrence