Chesapeake trip summer-2009

Post pictures of your boat and sailing adventures here. Posting instructions within.
Triton 670
Bottom Paint Application Technician
Boat Name: Plan B
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Chesapeake trip summer-2009

Post by Triton 670 »

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd put up some more pictures. Here are some from our 200 mile trip up Chesapeake Bay last summer. We bought the boat in Hampton, VA and sailed all the way up to the Bohemia River near Chesapeake City, MD.

This was our first "long" trip so we stayed within sight of land and stopped each night. It was a blast, we had great weather...no rain and moderate wind conditions. Only on the second day out of Hampton did the seas build enough to make us uncomfortable. The last day of our trip, when we left Annapolis and went under the bridge, was July 4.

Most of our pictures were just of the surroundings and not much of the boat, so I've included as many as I could here that show the boat as well. She is a Pearson Triton, #670.

Can anyone identify the yacht in photo #9? She was definitely the most beautiful we during the whole week.

Also in my picasa albums are some pictures of the refit work going on this winter on land in Elkton, MD. Enjoy.

http://picasaweb.google.com/timressler

Tim
"Plan B"
Triton #670
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Re: Chesapeake trip summer-2009

Post by Rachel »

Photo #9:

Sail logo:

Quetzalsailor
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Quetzal
Boat Type: LeComte North East 38

Post by Quetzalsailor »

Was she sailing out of Swan Creek, or in the vicinity of Rock Hall? There's a stunner very like that one docked in Swan Creek.
Triton 670
Bottom Paint Application Technician
Boat Name: Plan B
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Triton 670 »

I believe this picture was taken just after leaving the mouth of the Potomac heading north. She was going south.
Challenger949L
Almost a Finish Carpenter
Boat Name: ESPADON Kittiwake
Boat Type: Sabre 28, Alden Challenger

Post by Challenger949L »

I wonder if we passed each other. We sailed our Sabre 28 from Rock Hall Md. to Seaford VA. this past summer. Great trip!

Jimmy Small
Sabre 28 Espadon
Challenger 949L Kittiwake
Richincident
Master Varnisher

Post by Richincident »

GREAT PICTURES! Thanks for sharing them. I am looking at my hooded boat and thinking about taking the cover off soon to start exploring some work that needs to be done. Your pictures made sailing even more of a reality!
Richard McManus

1967 Soverel 28 #82
THE INCIDENT