Triton 421

Post pictures of your boat and sailing adventures here. Posting instructions within.
barrybrown
Master Varnisher

Triton 421

Post by barrybrown »

I spent enough on my credit card buying for the boat that BOA gave me a digital camera. I would be embarrassed to say how long it took me to learn how to take pictures, upload them to my computer then upload to photobucket and finally how to post, so I want to post a few before I forget. Included are the new engine, solid fuel heater and some deck improvements.
Barry

Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Re: Triton 421

Post by Rachel »

Wow! Looking great! I say you should post more to reinforce the procedure in your mind :D

I'm deducing that the white hose in the starboard forecabin is a chain pipe? How does that work out, in practice? Does the chain obediently go down the pipe and nestle into the locker?

Again... wow. The boat looks fabulous!

Shiny solid-fuel heater; nice clean brand-new yellow enginey goodness, and overall clean and bright. Sweet!

Rachel
barrybrown
Master Varnisher

Post by barrybrown »

Rachel
Rachel wrote:Again... wow. The boat looks fabulous!
Thanks!
Rachel wrote:'m deducing that the white hose in the starboard forecabin is a chain pipe? How does that work out, in practice? Does the chain obediently go down the pipe and nestle into the locker?
Yes, it is an arrangement that I had on my last boat the chain pipe can be controlled through the fore hatch to drop the chain evenly into the locker and it will flow out without opening the locker. And the system dismantles quickly to use the v berth when at a dock or on a mooring.
I like being able to post pictures it really helps in communicating. I added one more to use up the 3 picture limit.

Ganges #363
Rough Carpentry Apprentice

Post by Ganges #363 »

Barry, beautiful expert work. Thanks for doing the pictures. What kind of engine is that? Your anchor rode system is really interesting. Can you do more pictures/diagrams/explanations of how it works?

Bill
Ganges #363
barrybrown
Master Varnisher

Post by barrybrown »

Bill;
The engine is a Vetus 13 hp, Brewer had a sale on them last year, it is a Mitsubishi base.

I don't currently have a better picture of the chain pipe, it is composed of PVC plumbing fittings designed to work as a universal joint able to move up and down as well as side to side. By attaching a piece of line to the end it can be moved from on deck through the forward hatch in order to deposit the chain evenly, the line is connected to the cleats on either side of the hatch. The chain locker has about 210' of 1/4" hi test chain with one end anchored to the floor. I am posting a picture of the deck arrangement.
I will try to get better pictures of the parts to explain better.
Barry