Old Newbies Kittiwake 23

Post pictures of your boat and sailing adventures here. Posting instructions within.
KITTIEanME
Deck Grunge Scrubber
Boat Name: Greybeard
Boat Type: 1970 Kittiwake 23

Old Newbies Kittiwake 23

Post by KITTIEanME »

Well, here it goes again trying to post photos. If the pictures find their way the the forum you can see some pictures of my Kittiwake as she is now (pretty rough). I have my hands full. I was suprised there were no blisters on the bottom. TOM Alright I think it worked! http://s569.photobucket.com/albums/ss13 ... wake%2023/
The Froon
Almost a Finish Carpenter
Boat Name: TBD
Boat Type: Westsail 32

Re: Old Newbies Kittiwake 23

Post by The Froon »

Looks good; congrats! ....just get that motor mount off the stern!
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

Tom,

She looks very nice! And it looks like you've got good, Plastic Classic company -- is that a Sailmaster/Polaris 26 I see next door?

By the way, if you are trying to post photos into the forum, but you're not sure if it's working, you can hit "preview" instead of "submit" and that will show you what your post will look like. So if you see your photo there, you're good, and you can then hit "submit" and your post will come through.

On the other hand, if you hit "preview" and you don't see your photo in the post, then you can try again without having submitted it.

I just thought I'd let you know this in case you were not familiar with "preview."

There's also a tutorial on posting photos here, in case you haven't seen it yet:

http://plasticclassicforum.com/viewtopi ... =35&t=4068
KITTIEanME
Deck Grunge Scrubber
Boat Name: Greybeard
Boat Type: 1970 Kittiwake 23

Post by KITTIEanME »

The Froon: I,am with you on removing the outboard bracket. If I ever finish restoring the Kittiwake and sailing her with just the outboard in the well, but to heavy,I,ll probably buy a smaller(and hopefully lighter) outboard, There is just too much evidence from other peoples experiences that overide covering the well. Your boat appears to have the same off centered well, so yours and others experiences are taking preference over the bracket option.

Rachel: I think you may be right on my neighbors boat being a Sailmaster/Polaris 26. I have not met the owners,because of the short time I spent at that Marina ( I thought it might be an Irwin) but it does look like a sailmaster/Polaris 26.

Thanks for the posting tutorial. I did read the forums picture posting procedures but somehow got mired down in Photobuckets protocol and was bouncing around their Website looking for something that was complicated when in actuality the correct procedure was straight forward & pretty simple. TOM