Sea Sprite 34 on San Francisco Bay

Post pictures of your boat and sailing adventures here. Posting instructions within.
SeaDog
Bottom Sanding Grunt

Sea Sprite 34 on San Francisco Bay

Post by SeaDog »

What a fantastic site. A relatively calm day on San Francisco Bay... After browsing so many great classics, I thought I would include a pic of my own classic plastic, Bambino, a 1984 Sea Sprite 34. I orginally purchased her with the intentions of sailing New England waters out of Oyster Bay, NY but unexpected life events created an opportunity to truck her out to the Left Coast for some Pacific Ocean sailing. Bambino is hull #35 (out of 51) and has been undergoing a restoration since her purchase in 2007.
Attachments
Bambino SS 34.JPG
LazyGuy
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Boat Name: Paper Moon
Boat Type: Luders 33 (Allied Boat Co.)

Re: Sea Sprite 34 on San Francisco Bay

Post by LazyGuy »

SeaDog,

Welcome! Yes, you will find many new friends here. SS 34 is one of my favorite boats. We went from a SS 23 to a Luders 33 only because the SS34s were still a little out of our price range. We are about a 10th of a mile from a beautiful SS34 Moonshadow.
Cheers

Dennis
Luders 33 "Paper Moon" Hull No 16

Life is too short to own an ugly boat.
SeaDog
Bottom Sanding Grunt

Re: Sea Sprite 34 on San Francisco Bay

Post by SeaDog »

Hi Dennis,

The L33's are great. Good family friends owned one for years and took it down to the carribean twice with their family. I also loved match racing the two boats. I've seen/admired Moonshawdow while she was anchored in Fisher's Island a few years ago - very pretty. I lived in New London for a few years and really enjoyed the Mystic area. Enjoy the rest of your summer in your local waters.

Best