New owner of #175

Post pictures of your boat and sailing adventures here. Posting instructions within.
redstripesailor
Bottom Sanding Grunt
Boat Name: Radio Flyer
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

New owner of #175

Post by redstripesailor »

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm the new owner of EC boat #175 and couldn't be more excited. I'm only 26 and this is my first boat. I've been sailing my whole life and I drive boats for a living but this is the first boat I can actually call my own. It's amazing how much more motivated I am to work on my own little boat where it costs me money compared to working on other people's boats where I actually make money. Go figure!

I bought the boat from a boatbuilder at Gannon and Benjamin on the Vineyard. He did all the hard work to the boat which I was pretty stoked about. He completely reconfigured and refinished the interior including building the most impressive yellow heart mast step I've seen on a boat this size. He did a full deck recore, pulled the A4 and glassed over the prop aperture. She was dismasted at some point, I don't know the details, but she currently has a Shields mast and the original boom. She's currently living on a Mooring in Woods Hole where I've had some fun sailing in and out of sans engine for the past month or so. I actually prefer the challenge of sailing engineless which is why I picked the boat that I did, however I'm currently wonder about the wisdom of staying engineless around WH.

I've got a worklist a mile long and I'm sure I'll be on here all the time with ridiculous questions. I'm really excited to have found this forum and I look forward to using it more. I've got a new mainsheet setup I'm going to tinker with this weekend and in the next month or so I hope to mount the used Lofrans Royal I just picked up.

cheers,
Freeman
Attachments
here she sits on her mooring
here she sits on her mooring
~ Freeman
Triton #175
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando

Re: New owner of #175

Post by Tim »

Thanks for the picture. Do you have any more? (We're greedy that way.)

Also, I'd love to see that yellowheart mast step you mentioned.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
redstripesailor
Bottom Sanding Grunt

Alright here's a batch including the mast step:
Attachments
cockpit the day I bought her
cockpit the day I bought her
the interior on the day I bought her
the interior on the day I bought her
Taking the girls out for a spin
Taking the girls out for a spin
~ Freeman
Triton #175
redstripesailor
Bottom Sanding Grunt

And here's another batch
Attachments
old bottom paint
old bottom paint
in MV shipyard where I bought her
in MV shipyard where I bought her
no aperture
no aperture
~ Freeman
Triton #175
Richincident
Master Varnisher

Post by Richincident »

Congratulations on a great looking boat, beautiful to see! I also notice your other thread concerning an engine. I always thought that an engine on a sailboat was like a fish on a bicycle. BUT that was before my sailboat weighed more than 500 pounds. Especially when sailing with young passengers it is a lovely thing to have a reliable motor that can get you out of bad spots. Of course, it might be nice not to get IN to bad spots, but that might be impossible. CONGRATULATIONS on your boat!
Richard McManus

1967 Soverel 28 #82
THE INCIDENT