Fisheye Fun

Post pictures of your boat and sailing adventures here. Posting instructions within.
John, CD28
Master Varnisher
Boat Name: Tiara
Boat Type: Cape Dory 36

Fisheye Fun

Post by John, CD28 »

I love how much boat you can squeeze into a shot with a fisheye lens. This is a cheap Opteka 0.42x I got on eBay. It screws onto the front of my Kodak P850.

Hey Dad! We Fit!

Cheers,
John :)
Last edited by John, CD28 on Wed May 14, 2008 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sailing involves the courage to treasure adventure, and the wisdom to fear danger. Knowing where one ends, and the other begins, makes all the difference.
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

I read the title and thought this was going to be a thread about trying to re-finish where someone had used silicone. Heh.

That is neat - I noticed it in photos on your website (that you linked to the other day).

R.
Bluenose
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Boat Name: Bolero
Boat Type: Modified Shields One Design

Post by Bluenose »

Very Cool!
MikeD
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Boat Name: Totoro
Boat Type: Sea Sprite 23 (#626)

Post by MikeD »

Rachel wrote:I read the title and thought this was going to be a thread about trying to re-finish where someone had used silicone. Heh.
You can tell when someone has been spending way too much time on the forum, eh? :)

Beautiful job on your boat! She's a real head turner.
Mike
Totoro (SS23 #626)
John, CD28
Master Varnisher

One More!

Post by John, CD28 »

The fish eye lens captures a lot of interior in one shot too.

The interior is nearly complete. I made new curtains, stuffed LED lights into teak dome light frames, glued teak battens to the overhead, removed & refinished the ash ceiling (tough sanding - hard as rock), stripped & refinished the bulkheads, added teak racks for storage, etc.

I just need to replace the tired old cabin sole with some fresh teak & holly, maybe next year.

Cheers,
John :)

Last edited by John, CD28 on Wed May 14, 2008 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sailing involves the courage to treasure adventure, and the wisdom to fear danger. Knowing where one ends, and the other begins, makes all the difference.
Tim Mertinooke
Skilled Systems Installer

Post by Tim Mertinooke »

I love Cape Dories and yours is certainly a nice specimen. Keep the pics coming.
Fuji 32 Ketch "Excalibur"
John, CD28
Master Varnisher

RETURN OF THE FISHEYE

Post by John, CD28 »

I've always loved this fisheye shot of the Boston Skyline from Portuguese Cove in Boston Harbor. I took this shot early last summer. Campfires on the beach there are pretty nice, watching the sun go down over the city. The bottom is good solid clay/mud, and the cove offers perfect protection from the summer SW'er. Dont be afraid to anchor up tight to the beach, as it stays deep way back in. Practically no wakes here; it's away from any shipping lanes on the other side of the islands.

Cheers,
John