Triton 53

Post pictures of your boat and sailing adventures here. Posting instructions within.
Triton 53
Almost a Finish Carpenter
Boat Name: Alli-Ann
Boat Type: Triton

Triton 53

Post by Triton 53 »

Some pictures of my Triton are now at:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7xxov/petestriton/

Pete
jhenson
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal

Post by jhenson »

Pete,

Congratulations on your Triton. It looks like you are doing the work at home. What are your plans for the refit ahead?

Joe
Triton 53

Post by Triton 53 »

This year I am going to paint the hull, replace the stantion bases, and repair the rudder. The rest of my boat money has to go to buyings PFDs etc and a new pota-potty to replace the old head. oops... forgot to mention all the cushions have to be replaced and I think I may need new halyards, sheets and lines.
I had to spray a TSP & bleach thoughout the entire cabin area to remove the mold, then hit it with my power washer which took off the mold and a couple of layers of flaking paint. The inside repaint will have to wait along with repainting the deck. The sidelights are also on my to-do list.
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Post by Figment »

How are the sails? I never really got a good look at them.
Yes, I'd certainly put running rigging replacement on the must-do list, but that's the sort of thing that can easily wait until the dead of winter.

Maneuvering a powerwasher wand inside the boat must've been interesting! I'm sure YOU were spotlessly clean as well by the time you were done.
Triton 53

Post by Triton 53 »

The jib is a roller (do not know what make) I rolled it out in my driveway and it looks ok, did not see any rips or holes. It is a little dirty but i think I can clean it up.

The main looks like it might the origional as it has the Triton logo and # 53 on it. The numbers are unstiched in a couple of places so I will need to get them redone. I did not see any rips in it.

I also have what I think is a spiniker, it is light blue and very thin nylon type material. I think it is ok also.

The power washer with a 4ft nozzel was a lot of fun esp in the v-birth area but it did a great job on the mold and saved me a lot of sanding when I get to repainting the inside.
keelbolts
Skilled Systems Installer

Post by keelbolts »

I replaced the standing rigging on Favona about 10 years ago. I used Sta-Loc terminals, a little stainless steel ruler, and a Dremel tool with a bunch of thin red cutting discs. It wasn't hard at all. I tripped across a place that claims to be able to wash sails and put the sizing back into them. I haven't used them so I can't tell you how they do, but you might look them up at sailcare.com.
Celerity - 1970 Morgan 30

How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges in it?