Katie Marie, Ariel #422

Post pictures of your boat and sailing adventures here. Posting instructions within.
CapnK
Site Admin

Katie Marie, Ariel #422

Post by CapnK »

Hi all -

Here's my baby, one of the gorgeous vessels which came from the drawing board of Carl the Great, a '67 Pearson Ariel. I've been hers since March of this year, living aboard with my CrewDogs Molly and Buffett. We are undergoing a slow renovation, taking things as they come and/or are "facilitated" (like her new stanchions this past week, given to me by a fellow liveaboard for a great price - Free! :)).

I lucked out - her decks are sound, she has no major problems, and came with a new o/b and a 50W solar panel. Plans for the future include a stern pulpit, and some further modification of her interior (still in the mock-up/planning stage). Eventually, Katie and I will head out, mostly South, for a while. If everything works well, we'll visit far foreign waters. The only hitch to this Plan are the CrewDogs, who I wouldn't want to subject to a life aboard far from dirt and other good smelly things, but I'll jump that hurdle when I get to it in a few years. Until then, they love it aboard, are marina favorites, and are always happy to be around the water. :)

Thanks to Tim for this Forum and website, it's good to be here with like-minded enthusiasts of Classic Plastic. Lots of good content here, thanks to all of you for that! They sure don't make 'em like they used to!

More photos and such of Katie and the CrewDogs are at my website.

Kurt and Barque, the CrewDog.
Katie Marie, Ariel #422
Melelani, Islander 36 (shoal)

sailFar.net - Small boats, Long distances...
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

Hi Kurt,

Always nice to see photos --- and Katie Marie is such a nice, clean Ariel! Welcome to the board. Crew Dogs too :-)

--- Rachel
CharlieJ
Wood Whisperer

Post by CharlieJ »

Howdy Kurt- I see you too found the place. Great pic of the Crewdogs.
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

Love the dogs! What cuties.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating