Spreader Lights

This is the place for information on the important systems on your boat, including sails, rigging, engines (if applicable), and other systems.
Cruiser2B
Topside Painter
Boat Name: Salacia
Boat Type: Alberg 30

Spreader Lights

Post by Cruiser2B »

i needed to replace my old not working 55w/ea stainless spreader lights. I wanted LEDs but did not want to pay the 150-200 or more at least the ones designated "spreader lights". One day while trolling a local marine store I spotted some underwater LED lights that claimed to be 600lumens for $30 ea, I figured why not. Lets hope they last. They only draw .2 ah/ea, I finally got them wired in and working. Whatcha you think? Got $60 invested
Attachments
they seem very bright, i figure it will be much darker at sea when we actually use them which will only increase their effectiveness
they seem very bright, i figure it will be much darker at sea when we actually use them which will only increase their effectiveness
IMG_0540resize.jpg
IMG_0537resize.jpg
Last edited by Cruiser2B on Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.svsalacia.blogspot.com
Preparing to get underway!!
galleywench
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Name: TBD
Boat Type: Rhodes 19

Re: Spreader Lights

Post by galleywench »

Wow, very nice. Do you have a make/model for those lights, I'd like to give it a go when I get to refurbishing my mast.
1963 Rhodes 19 #731
http://www.fernhollow.net
Surveyor
Rough Carpentry Apprentice
Boat Type: Alberg 30 #329

Post by Surveyor »

I say you did good! That is a lot of light for 0.2 amps and $60
Cruiser2B
Topside Painter
Boat Name: Salacia
Boat Type: Alberg 30

Post by Cruiser2B »

Surveyor wrote:I say you did good! That is a lot of light for 0.2 amps and $60
That's .25 or so each, so 1/2 amp total....much better than no lights and the 2 55w units they replaced. They shed enough light to make things quite a bit safer on deck at night.
www.svsalacia.blogspot.com
Preparing to get underway!!