Northill Anchor what size?

This is the place for information on the important systems on your boat, including sails, rigging, engines (if applicable), and other systems.
dkall
Rough Carpentry Apprentice

Northill Anchor what size?

Post by dkall »

Any experts out here that have a link or reference to a sizing chart for a Northill anchor?

I've a cutter with dodger, full keel, 32k lbs and am interested in adding a Northill to my collection.

What size would one recommend for sea grass, rocky area hard bottom?

I already have heavy CQR, Fisherman, and Danforth. Thanks for your input.
Dave-Westsail 42-Elysium
CharlieJ
Wood Whisperer

Post by CharlieJ »

Dave- I carry a folding 15 pounder on my Meridian 25- 5300 pounds dry displacement. I carry a 22 pound Bruce ( Claw actually) and a 12 pound Hi-tensile Danforth. That should give you something to go by anyway.

I think I'd size the Northhill the same as the CQR or Bruce, or just slightly smaller since it's a hooking type anchor.

Great anchors, but quite hard to find. SOMEWHERE I have an article from either Boatbuilder or Professional Boat builder showing hoiw to make a folding Northhill. But my files are in a jumble right now since I just moved my shop.

I'll see if I can find the article this weekend.
dkall
Rough Carpentry Apprentice

Appreciate it.

Post by dkall »

Maybe it would be easier to have a good shop make one up. If you do find it I'll be thankful for anything you can do to get me a copy, pdf or plain paper. What ever is easiest.
Dave-Westsail 42-Elysium