Howdy folks from Tehani-

Post your sailing and cruising tips, stories, and ideas here.
CharlieJ
Wood Whisperer

Howdy folks from Tehani-

Post by CharlieJ »

Got some wifi so thought I'd say hello. Hard to follow a bunch of forums using an Iphone, so I let most slide.

Saw where Kurt has taken the board-he's a great guy (drinks a bit much but oh well!!!)

Not really but that's a standing joke between us-grin

Since last I was able to post (I think) Tehani has been to the Bahamas for several months, then up the east coast into the Chesapeake, up the Potomoc to DC for two weeks, back down and into Solomons, then Annapolis, St Michaels, and now is bound back towards Texas. Currently and for the forseeable future I'll be singlehanding. Plan is to sail down to the waterway across Fla then cross and go around the coast.

I'll stay in touch as I have wifi available.
Hulukupu
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Name: Mahana

Re: Howdy folks from Tehani-

Post by Hulukupu »

Greetings- sounds like a nice cruise. Any favorite spots?
CharlieJ
Wood Whisperer

Post by CharlieJ »

what a question!! Lots of spots.

The Bahamas waters are fantastic. A great three months.

DC is well worth the trip. Anchored out in Washington Channel. Paid for dinghy dock privileges at Capital Yacht Club. How else can you stay in DC for $15 per night?? Three blocks walk from National Mall.

Annapolis is a sailing town. EVERY street that ends at the water has a city maintained dinghy dock, most of them floating, with garbage cans right there. Great!!

St Michaels has probably the most extensive museum dedicated to water stuff than anywhere.Dinghy dock for free, but costs to get in. Worth it.

All has been a blast.
Hulukupu

Post by Hulukupu »

Thanks for that snapshot- it sounds really nice.
CharlieJ
Wood Whisperer

Post by CharlieJ »

Tehani and I have made it across Florida via the Okeechobee Waterway. Now sitting in Laishly Park Marina, Punta Gorda, Fl, on the gulf coast. First time in gulf waters since Feb, 2010.

Been raining last few days, but I should be able to continue in the morning. Heading up Florida's west coast. Should make it back to Texas sometime late Nov, early Dec.

Approaching 6000 miles this cruise, 1500 of those single hand. Not bad for a couple of oldies-grin

Just thought I'd say hello.
sscoll
Master Varnisher
Boat Name: Medora Jane
Boat Type: Pearson Triton #532 E.C.

Post by sscoll »

Thanks for that. Been enjoying your periodic notes and google mapping to see where you are when you check in. Stay well.
Steve
CharlieJ
Wood Whisperer

Post by CharlieJ »

been a busy time..

Tehani is now in Alabama waters. Crossed the gulf (singlehand) from Tarpon Springs to Apalachicola two weeks ago. 177 miles, 32 hours.

Been progressing up the Florida panhandle since. Had a really bad day two days ago- pounding into 20-26 knots in Santa Rosa Sound in cold weather. Stuck the top rail of the pulpit through two waves!!! About whipped this old man..

Will be heading out in the morning for Mobile Bay, and a stop in Pascagoula Miss to visit friends. Then onward to Louisiana and on towards home port.. Hope to be back in Texas within the next two to three weeks. Shooting for the 15th. Been a long 2 1/2 years, particularly the last few months cruising alone.
CharlieJ
Wood Whisperer

Post by CharlieJ »

As of 1645 on Weds afternoon (12-21), Tehani is snugged into her home slip in Port Lavaca, Texas, and I am back home. Was a good cruise for the most part, totalling 6885 miles. I was singlehand for 2190 of those.

But I'm glad to be home for a while.
Hulukupu

Post by Hulukupu »

A belated welcome home! I hope the New Year brings new adventures for you (it is early, and I mistyped New Year "Few Fears", but a doubt that signifies anything more the a "Few Beers". Thanks for keeping us posted on your journey.
CharlieJ
Wood Whisperer

Post by CharlieJ »

WOW- doesn't look like much activity last few years. I lost bookmarks in a computer crash and just re found the site.
My ex had Tehani for close to two years, and then I bought her back in 2013.

Have only done one longish cruise aboard Tehani- May thru July to Florida and return , and a 10 day trip down the Texas coast and back

Anyone else doing any cruising?