Howdy folks- been a while

Post your sailing and cruising tips, stories, and ideas here.
CharlieJ
Wood Whisperer

Howdy folks- been a while

Post by CharlieJ »

Laura and I have spent a tad over the last year aboard Tehani, out cruising. So far, the entire gulf coast, a VERY cold winter in southwest Florida, the keys (ditto on the cold), Bimini, Berry's, Nassau, Exumas ( down to Little Farmers Key) over to Eluethera, back to Nassau, then to Gun Cay and back to Florida. From Key Biscayne, on up the east coast. Tehani is currently in North Carolina at the B and B Yacht Design docks, while Laura and I returned to Texas to take care of LOTS of family business.

We plan to return to Tehani in the spring and continue on up the east coast. Other than northward a while, there is no schedule. We ARE planning to stop and visit Rachel when we get into that area- otherwise, no firm plans.

I see SOME of the old names still here- nice, Hi Tim- still running the site eh? When are YOU gonna take off? Grin!
Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Re: Howdy folks- been a while

Post by Rachel »

Heya Charlie - great to see you here again :)

(I visited Charlie and Laura on Tehani in NC and they have her set up quite nicely as both a sailing vessel and a live-aboard cruiser; you'd think 25' x 7' would make her more of a "camp aboard," but she doesn't have that feel.)

Rachel
Hirilondë
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Hirilondë
Boat Type: 1967 Pearson Renegade

Post by Hirilondë »

Hey Charlie. Good to hear from you here and the B&B site. Hopefully your distractions aren't too serious and you can get back to your cruise as planned. I missed the get-together at Graham's and Carla's this fall though I did get to see Graham in Mystic this summer. I hear that I missed seeing Tehani as well as the many people and boats this time. Maybe some day I can cruise and live the life of leisure that you and Laura are doing now.

Dave
Dave Finnegan
builder of Spindrift 9N #521 'Wingë'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gresham’s Law of information: Bad information drives out good. No matter how long ago a correction for a particular error may have appeared in print or online, it never seems to catch up with the ever-widening distribution of the error.
CharlieJ
Wood Whisperer

Post by CharlieJ »

Hi Rach- how was the dive trip. Enjoyed talking to you then.

Hirilondë- we'rer refurbishing a house on some property Laura's family owns, getting the house and land ready to sell. I have one boat project I PROMISED I'd do- 34 foot trimaran damaged in hurricane Ike. Cold molded outer hull to be rebuilt. We'll most likely be here in Texas til March, then back over.

We wanted to go back over for the messabout, but my mother's 90'th birthday was during that weekend, and Laura's grandmother's 90'th was four days later. And they live 7 hours apart!!!

90'th birthday parties took precedence, for sure.
Zach
Boat Obsession Medal Finalist

Post by Zach »

Hi Charlie,

Glad to hear you guys are doing well!
1961 Pearson Triton
http://pylasteki.blogspot.com/
1942 Coast Guard Cutter - Rebuild
http://83footernoel.blogspot.com/