Thanks

Post your sailing and cruising tips, stories, and ideas here.
Scout

Thanks

Post by Scout »

Nanette and I just wanted to post a thank you to all that gave us advice while refitting Scout. Researching older posts was also a great help.

We just returned from a three week cruise and we had not one problem with Scout, she took care of us well. Not everything was completed but we had everything we needed. The radar worked well and it was a good thing for we had many days of fog and had to pass thru the Newport and Boston shipping lanes with very little visability.

We only got to York, Maine before heading back south, hopfully next time we make it to the prime cruising spots of Maine more northeast. We did vist many places up and down the New England coast and only stayed a whole day at three of them, all the other days we spent sailing (and motor sailing, this was July of course) and exploring new places. Nanette was at most before, but from Buzzard's Bay and north, were all new to me.

Thanks Again and Good Sailing.
Brian
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Post by Figment »

So was that you guys I saw crossing Clinton harbor a few weeks ago?

http://www.triton381.com/forum/viewtopi ... 769293ab57
Scout

Post by Scout »

Gee Fig, just saw this...I'm not sure - that was 4 weeks ago!! Let's see, the first night we dropped anchor in Duck Island, so, it could have been, I guess. Sorry, but I don't remember the Spinny dousing. Wish you h ad hailed us, we always moniter 16.

(Repeated here)