Bimini dodger on my Triton

This is the place for information specifically regarding the Pearson Triton.
Ron
Bottom Paint Application Technician
Boat Name: Sloopy
Boat Type: Triton 28

Bimini dodger on my Triton

Post by Ron »

Ordering the dodger Bimini extension bow set from sail rite and it looks like it’s adjustable on width and height. I don’t have the mast up on my boat and was wondering if any body had the Dimensions on how high I could go with out hitting the boom. Boom clearance for the dodger and bow extension would be great. I have the original fractional rig Triton mast and boom if that helps any?
Thanks for any advise you could give
atomvoyager
Moderator | Revitalizer of Classics
Boat Name: Atom
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Re: Bimini dodger on my Triton

Post by atomvoyager »

My Triton originally had a track that the boom gooseneck ran along and could be adjusted up and down if you wanted more headroom under the boom as long as the sail's head had some clearance to the masthead. I now have the boom fixed in position with the bottom of boom 35" above the deck at the mast. This gives me 5'9" standing headroom under the boom in the cockpit. The aft dodger frame or bow is 16" above the sliding hatch. There's a few more inches of tube length where the ends meet the deck hinges but I don't have that measurement at hand now. The main bimini frame is 4" higher than the dodger. With the sail up and sheeted in the boom clears the bimini by 2" and the dodger by 7".