Aries windvane

This is the place for information specifically regarding the Pearson Triton.
Ron
Bottom Paint Application Technician
Boat Name: Sloopy
Boat Type: Triton 28

Aries windvane

Post by Ron »

I bought an Aries wind vane off eBay for my Triton I think it will work on there alright but I thinking I’m going to have to shorten the ruder shaft a little and take the mounting brackets to a machine shop and have them cut and welded at a new angle. I only got two of the clamps with the unit that are about an 1 1/2 inch tube clamp that mounts it to the transom. I would like to get two more of those.
To better explain they look like squeeze clamps for pipe. I seen pic of one mounted on a Triton that was on the yahoo group site that was closed down and it looked like a nice install.
I’ve inquired about a rebuild kit but none are available at this time. (Sold out) there seems to be a little slop In this one but the last owner swears by the performance when last used on a 1800 mile trip bringing the boat back to its home port.
I’m a novice so should I go ahead with this unit or resale and find something else that still has parts available?
I hate to give up on a perfectly Good working windvane witch is all I’m after any way.