The word "sailboat" does things to people.

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

The word "sailboat" does things to people.

Post by Figment »

I had a window of relief in my workday, so I took the opportunity to go over to the Department of Motor Vehicles and finally take care of the sales taxes and registration of the boat. I'm sure that DMV's are the same huge headache the world over, so I'll just let you imagine how much I was dreading this onerous task.

For whatever collection of reasons, I've had occasion to visit the DMV at least once a year since I was 15. I'm one of those guys that just always seems to be buying or selling or otherwise modifying some kind of vehicle or another.

I've NEVER been in and out of there as fast as I was today. Seriously, 20 minutes, tops. The agents were cheerful (despite announcement of further state cutbacks) and capable the whole way along. Having the paperwork filled out before you even hit the door is always helpful, but I always do that. Today, I honestly think the difference was that I was there to register a SAILboat. The image of the pretty white sails drifting along under a blue sky gets into people's heads and changes their whole outlook.

No hull number? No problem.
No previous registration number? No problem.
Sale price listed as a fraction of book value? No problem.
Here are your gaudy red stickers for the bow. I hear the weather's supposed to be great this weekend, have a nice day!

I could get used to that.
dasein668
Boateg
Boat Name: Dasein
Boat Type: Pearson Triton 668

Post by dasein668 »

Isn't it amazing how a little thing like friendly people at the DMV can just make your day?

Sadly, too infrequent in the world today...
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

Maybe you should visit the DMV daily to cheer you up.

Tim