Plans for the new year.

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
okawbow
Almost a Finish Carpenter
Boat Name: Thursdays' Child
Boat Type: Privateer 26 Schooner

Plans for the new year.

Post by okawbow »

Really, I just wanted to be the first to post in 2013.

It's beginning to look like the Mayans were wrong, and we will need to make plans for the future. My schooner, "Thursdays' Child" is still in the water at Carlyle lake in southern Illinois. I'm planning to finish the interior and wire in a motor controller for the electric motor drive. Presently, I run the motor directly off a contactor at 24v.

Granted, we could still be wiped out by an asteroid, or fall off a fiscal cliff; but if we don't, life goes on.
Chuck
1976 Bristol 24
"Harmony"
Crazer
Topside Painter
Boat Name: Clio
Boat Type: Rhodes Swiftsure 33

Re: Plans for the new year.

Post by Crazer »

Life may go on anyways, at least if we go off the Fiscal cliff. I make no guarantees regarding surviving an asteroid.

I have sold my Triton, and am mostly looking forward to getting my new boat in the water. There are a few projects, but they are very small and should be easily accomplished before spring. I did NOT go the project route this time! I wanna go sailing, dammit!

I also hope we can get some momentum built up on the forum here. It's really dropped off in recent years and I'd like to see it pick up again.
As eccentric as my boat.

Rhodes Swiftsure 33
SV Clio
triton274
Deck Grunge Scrubber
Boat Type: Pearson 36

Re: Plans for the new year.

Post by triton274 »

Crazer wrote:mostly looking forward to getting my new boat in the water. There are a few projects, but they are very small and should be easily accomplished before spring. I did NOT go the project route this time! I wanna go sailing, dammit!
What did you get?