A sign of the times?

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
Skipper599
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal
Boat Name: "MACUSHLA"
Boat Type: Passage 24-30 Cutter

A sign of the times?

Post by Skipper599 »

Seen on "Good Old Boat" >>>>>>>>>>>>

Seafarer 34 free to a good home

John Bougearel is offering his 1973 Seafarer 34 for free to a good home. He has been unable to sell Seaquest and would like to see her moved to a new home and stored there before winter sets in. Seaquest is located in Michigan City, Indiana, at the southern tip of Lake Michigan.

He says:
A 2003 survey appraised the boat at $27,000, when it still needed a fix on the rudder and a fix on the starboard deck. Both those repairs have been done, plus a new headsail and roller furling system indicates the boat is every bit of good condition it was in in 2003 if not better.

The boat is now rigged as a sloop, not as a yawl. The headsail is new, the main is not new and is sized for a yawl, so a bit small for a sloop rigging.

The cockpit needs a sanding and repainting and there is a small soft patch on the starboard deck that I repaired, but need to sand a smidge and paint. With the boat on the hard since 2009, the diesel fuel needs to be removed and the tank cleaned/scrubbed. Other than that, she is serviceable, in great shape, and just in need of its regular maintenance.

For further information and more photos, John can be contacted at: jb2@structurallogic2.com, 312-618-2290.
I am: Bob of Wight.

s/v 'Ros Na Cosquin'
a 'Passage - 24'

There are good ships, there are wood ships, and these ships sail the sea

But the best ship, is friendship and may this always be! ... ... ... A prayer from Ireland.
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Re: A sign of the times?

Post by Figment »

Yes there are a LOT of very nice boats going for little to nothing right now, particularly in the 32'+ range.

My plans to remain boatless for a while are growing less and less solid by the day.