Working on a new look

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
David VanDenburgh
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Name: Ariel
Boat Type: Cape Dory 36

Working on a new look

Post by David VanDenburgh »

I've uploaded a new page for Ariel, our CD36, but it doesn't seem to display properly in Internet Explorer. Just wondering if any CSS gurus might know what's going wrong. I've heard that all I may need is a patch to plug into the code, but I don't know where to find it or if that's true. Forcing visitors to use Firefox would be the easiest thing to do, but I know some still like and use IE.

I really don't know squat about web design and coding, etc; I just feel my way through it. Thanks for humoring me.

David

PS - I'm still working on transferring information from the old site over, so some pages are incomplete or have dead links.
Hirilondë
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Hirilondë
Boat Type: 1967 Pearson Renegade

Re: Working on a new look

Post by Hirilondë »

David VanDenburgh wrote: Forcing visitors to use Firefox would be the easiest thing to do........
That's what I would do :)

Worked fine for me. Good looking site.
Dave Finnegan
builder of Spindrift 9N #521 'Wingë'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gresham’s Law of information: Bad information drives out good. No matter how long ago a correction for a particular error may have appeared in print or online, it never seems to catch up with the ever-widening distribution of the error.