Speaking of Ramblings........

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Speaking of Ramblings........

Post by Figment »

I first met Roger Winiarski of Bristol Bronze about ten years ago when he gave a talk to a class I was taking at the IYRS in Newport. He was an amusing speaker, and clearly a fanatic when it came to Herreshoff bronze hardware.

I just got off of a phonecall with him. It turns out that it doesn't matter if he's talking to a room of 15 people or if he's one-on-one.... this guy can RAMBLE!!!

I'd ordered genoa blocks and some turnbuckles a while back, and I'd misinterpreted the catalog, so he called to make sure that I wanted what I thought I wanted. I was on the phone for at least 25 minutes. Topics ranged from the turnbuckles used on Beetle Cats to the fact that the mainsheet on Reliance (I think) was a thousand feet long.

He's a really amusing guy, and he certainly knows his stuff..... just make sure you hit the head before you pick up the phone!
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

Hehehe...

You're not the first I've heard that from! I see his postings on the occasional online message board from time to time, and he certainly is a bronze fanatic! His posts tend to ramble too. (Gee I don't know anyone else like that...)
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Post by Figment »

Tim wrote: His posts tend to ramble too. (Gee I don't know anyone else like that...)
I guess we all saw that one coming.

Where else (online) do you run into Roger?
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

He has frequently posted on the Cape Dory message board, and possibly on the Ariel board as well.
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating