New England Tropic's

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
kaynee30

New England Tropic's

Post by kaynee30 »

Gee, if I had to pick a season to be ruined by a broken stern tube, this was it. There've been just two reasonably decent sailing days (by my milquetoast standards) in southern NE since the shaft started going 'puckita puckita'. Rain, rain...more rain. But the wind has been up, too, which makes me a danger to my mooring neighbors if I try to hoist sail on the stick (so I can get my reefing, vang and other assorted stuff happening).
On the upside, I've been shedding on the geetar big time, getting ready to return to my former occupation as a lounge lizard/ balladeer; so I've been making good use of the non-boatworthy circumstances. Two years to my earliest retirement opportunity from my crappy job. I can take the music anywhere I cruise: a portable enterprise. I can see my future as a Triton-sailing ocean-hippie assembling itself before me. So the stern tube debacle and ugly weather have really become a blessing: I'm finally getting serious about shaking myself from the prison of a steady paycheck: not enough to be happy about, too much to inspire liberation..
I suppose, since I'll be doing harbor venues, that I'll have to learn some Buffet, though. Ugh.
I'm glad Tim and Nathan talked me into the "Three Hour Tour" cruise we took last month (the tiny ship was tossed...) I lernt some valuable lessons having my ass handed to me by big wind and water; by confused, crowded harbors; by gas attendants who call you "Cappy", hand you the nozzle, and tell you you gotta fill the tank yourself...without telling tou the thing pumps 85 gallons-a-minute. It was a fun time. I think I know about a quarter of what I need to know about sailing rigs and trim, now; about hypothermia; about buttheads who call me "Cappy".
end ramble
Jeff
PS: Can I write 'ass' on yer site, Tim?
dasein668
Boateg
Boat Name: Dasein
Boat Type: Pearson Triton 668

Post by dasein668 »

kaynee30 wrote:PS: Can I write 'ass' on yer site, Tim?
I think you just did! hehe