Glissando's speed

Anything goes, as long as it falls under the general forum protocol and rules.
manos
Bottom Paint Application Technician
Boat Name: Efaki
Boat Type: Mirage 28 - Thames Marine

Glissando's speed

Post by manos »

Dear Tim and other friends of this forum, I must confess that I feel like I know you in person although being almost in the other side of earth, through the posts of this forum and the Emails we exchange with some of you. So I was very amused while discovering in Nathan's site the best 10 reasons why Dasein is faster than Glissando. With the top 10's first reason: Tim secretly wants a Dawson 26 and Glissando knows it!. That was beyond my limits of imagination for Tim but revealed one other aspect I always considered substantial: Our boats have a sole!! They are not just boats or things or whatever one may call them. They are our sole mates, our friends, our.... (Please fill in the gap since my English language skills are limited). They have their personality and temper and either you get along with them or you not and then you have to find something else for you or quit. So I must agree with Nathan's ranking of reasons why Glissando is slower than Dasein. Tim perhaps you must have a discussion with Glissando and reassure her that she is your love and whatever Nathan says about the Dawson is only rumors to make her sail faster ?....
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

Manos,

I completely agree that boats have souls. That said, the soul of a boat is what you make it, and is a direct reflection upon her owner and the owner's own soul. Obviously the "soul" of the 50' twin-hull offshore race boat I saw yesterday going 70 is something different from Glissando, Dasein,, or Efaki!

And don't worry--I think Glissando knows that I love her like no other, after all the attention, time, and sweat I've lavished upon her. She knows full well that my eye does not stray--especially to the likes of the Dawson 26!

We make no excuses for falling behind while sailing. We make no apologies, either! ;<)
---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating