Triton water storage tank.

Talk about favorite or hated suppliers, recommend good materials or sources, or anything of the same ilk. This is also a good place to suggest unique ideas and innovations you may have come up with.
Jeff Bing
Bottom Sanding Grunt

Triton water storage tank.

Post by Jeff Bing »

Does anyone make a direct replacement poly water storage tank
for a Triton under the v berth?
If not where can i buy sheet fiberglass to make one.

Thanks
jhenson
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal

Re: Triton water storage tank.

Post by jhenson »

Jeff,

I don't know if these are what you are looking for, but I listed in the classified section a couple of tanks that I bought and never used for my past Triton project. These are still for sale. The tanks are the same ones that were used on Triton 577, and detailed on the NTA website:

http://tritonclass.org/mir/577ps1.html

The starboard water tank is around 20 gallons. I have retained the center rectangular water tank for use on my Tartan 34C, but if you were interested in all three, I might sell them it with the other two.

Joe
Jeff Bing
Bottom Sanding Grunt

Post by Jeff Bing »

Thanks Joe but I'm looking for the short triangle one for in the center only.

Thanks for your help.
Jeff
bcooke
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Jenny
Boat Type: 1966 Pearson Triton

Post by bcooke »

A direct replacement tank for the Triton V-berth tank doesn't exist.

Most people find alternatives that work for them in plastic such as Joe has suggested. Another alternative is to have a custom tank made out of plastic or stainless steel. I think fabricating a fiberglass tank from pre-made fiberglass sheets would be a heavy and expensive option.
-Britton
Work is overrated.

Most everything you read on the Internet is wrong.

The Website
The Blog
Jeff Bing
Bottom Sanding Grunt

Post by Jeff Bing »

Thanks for your help.
Triton106
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal

Post by Triton106 »

Jeff,

I have researched up and down the websites for a off the shelf v-berth water tank for my Triton as well. Ronco Plastics make a couple that could fit but not ideal. The two I thought are closest are B126 (30gal) and B125 (16gal). Another forum member, an Cape Dory 36 owner, used B126 for holding tank in his v-berth.

(Source: Cape Dory 36 Ariel Blog)

As Britton pointed out another option is to go with a custom built tank which fits the Triton perfectly. Britton has the dimentions which I am sure he will be happy to share. Could you please keep us posted which route you decide to go and the result of your implementation?
Ray D. Chang
Triton 106 in Berkeley, CA
Hirilondë
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Hirilondë
Boat Type: 1967 Pearson Renegade

Post by Hirilondë »

I have installed many Ronco "off the shelf" tanks. When balancing cost with fit they are definitely worthy of consideration. This of course assumes you can find one in the neighborhood of the shape you want.
Dave Finnegan
builder of Spindrift 9N #521 'Wingë'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gresham’s Law of information: Bad information drives out good. No matter how long ago a correction for a particular error may have appeared in print or online, it never seems to catch up with the ever-widening distribution of the error.