Table coating

Talk about favorite or hated suppliers, recommend good materials or sources, or anything of the same ilk. This is also a good place to suggest unique ideas and innovations you may have come up with.
Mario G
Deck Grunge Scrubber
Boat Name: Don't Wake Me / Shaken Knot St
Boat Type: Chrysler C-22 &C-26

Table coating

Post by Mario G »

What should I coat the teak veneer with for the table. I have only used teak oil an all other areas I have used it but because I know it should be better protected I want to make it darker to match the rest of the teak and seal it for food and drink spilage.

Chyrsler C-22 Don't Wake Me
Chrysler C-26 Shaken Knot Stir'd
Hirilondë
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Hirilondë
Boat Type: 1967 Pearson Renegade

Re: Table coating

Post by Hirilondë »

Many, many, many coats of varnish. With the abuse a table takes no oil will stand up over the long haul. If it were solid wood, and you didn't mind sanding it once in a while it would be a different story.
Dave Finnegan
builder of Spindrift 9N #521 'Wingë'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gresham’s Law of information: Bad information drives out good. No matter how long ago a correction for a particular error may have appeared in print or online, it never seems to catch up with the ever-widening distribution of the error.