Performance Plus Duct Tape 8979

Talk about favorite or hated suppliers, recommend good materials or sources, or anything of the same ilk. This is also a good place to suggest unique ideas and innovations you may have come up with.
bhartley
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Name: Ariel Pyxis
Boat Type: Sea Sprite 23 Cape Dory 25D

Performance Plus Duct Tape 8979

Post by bhartley »

I read about Performance Plus Duct Tape 8979 in the Good Old Boat Newsletter a while back and I can highly recommend it for the slow-going project.

I have been working on the deck of our Sea Sprite for the past several months. The boat has been left uncovered and I have used the Perf+ duct tape to cover all of the various holes and openings from removed hardware. The area was very clean when the tape was applied and it has adhered extremely well, not leaked and amazingly left no residue at all after months in the blazing Georgia heat. I have been working on 6 chain plates which have large openings through the deck and not a drop down below.

It was a little pricey, but a quantum leap from blue tape (and even the green). It is darker than regular duct tape so you can tell the difference.

In the perfect world, I would have a covered shop which fit all of the boats -- and plenty of time to get the job done in a timely fashion. In the meantime, I can highly recommend it.
One Way David
Skilled Systems Installer
Boat Type: Pearson Ensign

Re: Performance Plus Duct Tape 8979

Post by One Way David »

That is good to know. Look at a previous "discovery" of mine.

http://plasticclassicforum.com/viewtopi ... =17&t=4456

Cheap! Dave
Never finish all your projects or you'll be bored.