Bebi Electronics - LED Lights

Talk about favorite or hated suppliers, recommend good materials or sources, or anything of the same ilk. This is also a good place to suggest unique ideas and innovations you may have come up with.
Allen
Candidate for Boat-Obsession Medal

Bebi Electronics - LED Lights

Post by Allen »

Bebi Electronics (pronounced mbambi in Fijian but everyone I've met over here just calls it be be). Bebi is located in Fiji and after meeting a guy heading south who had one of there Owl anchor lights I ordered one so I could have a second, lower level light that would be more easily visible to boats closer to me. This thing puts out an incredible amount of light on hardly any amperage. The pricing Bebi's stuff is reasonable and standard shipping is around $6.50 for 7 to 10 days, higher but reasonable for faster shipment. They also seem to be very nice people and go out of their way to be helpful. They use PayPal so you can use your CC to make the order without the need to give out the number over the phone or Internet.

They also make a replacement system for my tricolor light which I may purchase and install later when I get somewhere I can do a bit of mast climbing. There is a how-to on their sight about how to do this.

Here's a couple of pictures of one of their lights, a close up and one of it in operation.

Allen
SV KAHOLEE
Triton #158

Click Here for Position

Rachel
Master of the Arcane

Post by Rachel »

I've never used the lights, but just for added info, I believe the couple who makes them are ex-cruisers who landed in Fiji. He posts occasionally to the CSBB bulletin board and seems like a nice, helpful guy, so they're "reachable." He seems to be some flavor of native English speaker.
Chris Campbell
Boat Name: Luna
Boat Type: Yankee 30

Post by Chris Campbell »

Those look brilliant (so to speak) - I'm sure I'll be ordering some. Thanks for sharing that site!
Allen

Post by Allen »

When mine arrives I'll try and get a picture of it with my mast head anchor light on too so you can compare.
Allen
SV KAHOLEE
Triton #158

Click Here for Position