Wiring connector source

Talk about favorite or hated suppliers, recommend good materials or sources, or anything of the same ilk. This is also a good place to suggest unique ideas and innovations you may have come up with.
Quetzalsailor
Master of the Arcane
Boat Name: Quetzal
Boat Type: LeComte North East 38

Wiring connector source

Post by Quetzalsailor »

There's been a bit of chat on the subject of proper crimping and wire connections suitable for marine use. If you depend upon West Marine for sourcing your Ancor connectors, you may find insufficiency; only a very small selection has the self sealing insulators.

Have a look at Del City: http://www.delcity.net/ They appear to have quite a good selection and a functional website. I bought shrink/adhesive-equipped crimp connectors for my 110v wiring that I'll be redoing after my and this Forum's total lack of enthusiasm for my soldered control of stranded #12 wire and wire nuts.
Ryan
Skilled Systems Installer

Post by Ryan »

So far, I have had great dealings with http://www.bestboatwire.com. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.
Tony
Boat Name: S/V Bonnie Blue
Boat Type: Catalina 22

Post by Tony »

I recently purchase about 80 connectors of different types from Columbia Marine Exchange in Portland, OR. (Kim has a website but it's not fully developed yet) Prices were very reasonable. These were not Ancor connectors, they were made by another company with three letters in their name (fcp? I don't remember, sorry). They seem to be just as good as any Ancor connector I've used.
Tony
Tony
Boat Name: S/V Bonnie Blue
Boat Type: Catalina 22

Post by Tony »

...after my and this Forum's total lack of enthusiasm for my soldered control of stranded #12 wire and wire nuts.
Awww...but it was so artistic!
Tony