C-Head compost toilet warning

Talk about favorite or hated suppliers, recommend good materials or sources, or anything of the same ilk. This is also a good place to suggest unique ideas and innovations you may have come up with.
atomvoyager
Moderator | Revitalizer of Classics
Boat Name: Atom
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

C-Head compost toilet warning

Post by atomvoyager »

I've installed C-heads in the past as a lower cost, smaller footprint to the Air Head and Nature's Head but people have notified me that since at least early 2022 the owner of the website takes orders and charges you but they are not delivering the product or answering any inquires. Several people have reported being scammed by this guy. If you don't have space or budget for the other compost toilets available you can at least assemble your own using parts found online. I have a video on one I did on my youtube channel atomvoyager and will soon be making another DIY version that I'll provide info on later.
CapnK
Site Admin

Re: C-Head compost toilet warning

Post by CapnK »

I found this:

https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/astor/profile ... complaints

A 'victim' of their own success? They always seemed to be a small operation, and have gotten to be widely known. I understand becoming overwhelmed, but they should stop taking orders at the very least, if that is the issue.

Thx for the heads up (no pun intended ;) ), James!
Kurt and Barque, the CrewDog.
Sundance, '71 A-30, #429
Katie Marie, Ariel #422
Melelani, Islander 36 (shoal)

sailFar.net - Small boats, Long distances...
atomvoyager
Moderator | Revitalizer of Classics
Boat Name: Atom
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Re: C-Head compost toilet warning

Post by atomvoyager »

Kurt
In the link you posted was this comment:
"05/21/2022 We tracked down the cell number of the company founder and we're contacted by the current owner. We eventually received our toilet but were left with a sour taste for the company due to the poor customer service. The case can be considered closed."
I wonder if anyone knows how to get the founder's cell number to try to get a refund? I heard that all this trouble started after he passed ownership to his son.