Powershot stapler

Tools you like...tools you hate...
Figment
Damned Because It's All Connected
Boat Name: Triton
Boat Type: Grand Banks 42

Powershot stapler

Post by Figment »

Please understand, I ordinarily shy away from goofy looking ergo-riffic tools like this Image

but Big Orange must've been running an irresistable promo, because I bought one a few years ago. It's been worth every nickel I paid.

This is one handy gadget. Exerting the trigger force above the staple exit (vs. on the back end like old style staplers) makes all the difference in the world, and this thing drives with some FORCE!. It also has the ability to load with a wide range of staple lengths as well as tacks/brads, which I've used a lot more than I would've thought.

I've found a use for it on a thousand random jobs.

I find myself fighting the urge to say BAM!! every time I use it. It's a fun tool, and it's held up to a lot of abuse.
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

Yup--I have one of those silly looking things too, and almost always pick it up backwards initially (force of habit).

But it does work well. I've never tried brads in it, but as an ordinary staple gun it does the trick, at least. I retired an ancient staple gun that my parents ordered from, of all places, Shell Gasoline way back sometime in the early 70's.

Now, why is it that I never seem to have enough staples on hand, either? Always seems like I'm desperately rummaging around for "just one more row" of staples to finish the job.

I have a hammer tacker too--invaluable for putting up vapor barriers, sheet plastic, housewrap, roofing paper, etc.

Tim
Trey

Post by Trey »

What be a hammer tacker?

Trey
Tim
Shipwright Extraordinaire
Boat Name: Glissando
Boat Type: Pearson Triton

Post by Tim »

This be one...

---------------------------------------------------
Forum Founder--No Longer Participating
Trey

Post by Trey »

Ah soo.... Looks like the right tool for some jobs.